What is STUBE Niedersachsen?
STUBE-Niedersachsen is a Student Program for students from Africa, Asia and Latin America. STUBE is a development-oriented education program and offers seminars, workshops and other activities related to development issues.
STUBE seminars and activities take place mainly during weekends. They supplement the professional university-studies with issues related to social, economic and cultural situations in the students home country.
The STUBE-program is practice-oriented, interdisciplinary and intercultural.
- 31. August–02. September | Bredbeck
Gehen oder Bleiben? Was tun nach dem Studienende?
- 12.–14. Oktober | Springe
Job search and apply for international organizations and NGOs
- 23.–25. November | Springe
Gute Bildung für Gutes Leben
- 07.–09. Dezember | Goslar
Aus alt mach neu – Ressourcenmanagement
- 23. Juni | Hannover
STUBE 2019 – Planungstag
- 22. September | Hannover
Rund um den fairen Handel – informieren und ausprobieren
- 03. November | Hannover
Berufsvorbereitende Praktika- und Studienaufenthalte (BPSA) – Studientag mit Erfahrungsberichten und Informationen zur Antragstellung/Einzelfallberatung – Information Day on the BPSA-support programme (with field reports and information on the application process)
- Dates in preparation
- Weekend seminars, study days, excursions, courses during semester breaks, workshops and evening
- events on development-related topics
- Student leadership training for intercultural and country-specific assignments, for example in local schools and church congregations
- Support for students’ personal development-related activities at the universities and the university communities
- Financial support for a development and careerorientated internship or research in the native country (BPSA).
- Transnational seminars in preparation for return to the native country and setting up a livelihood there
- Follow-up contact and alumni projects with former participants of the STUBE-programme
Scholarship for a development and career orientated internship or research in the native country (BPSA) for students from Asia, Africa and Latin America
Vocational traineeship and study visits (in German = Berufsvorbereitende Praktika- und Studienaufenthalte – abbreviated BPSA) are a program by “Bread for the World", a programme of help instigated by the protestant churches in Germany. The motto behind that work is “justice for the poor”.
BPSA serve to encourage subject-related learning and the achieving of goals connected to the studies. But they also serve to touch base in your home country after having been abroad for a long time. In addition they enable a combination of study contents and of development policy practise.
- For the preparation of a developing country-related study or
- for completing a study- or occupation-relevant traineeship during the main studies
- The minimum duration of the stay should be four weeks.
- Sole citizenship of a developing country from Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Student of a university/institution of higher education in Lower Saxony
- Maximal age: 35 years old
- No other scholarship
- Being away from your home country for at least 20-24 month
- Being in financial need
- Commitment in development related themes
- Participation in at least one seminar of the STUBE- development education program
- An application for BPSA
- A personal data sheet (curriculum vitae)
- A study report, which shows the past study process and the study emphasis
- Detailed specification of the project at the place of destination (this can be the home country or another country of the home region); e.g. which investigations are going to be made, whether you are planning to do a survey, or whether you need to consult any other institutions on location. In the case of a traineeship: at which company and within which range are you going to do your research
- Recommendation letter of a responsible person in the relevant department
- Certificate of the traineeship in your home country
The support consists of the payment of the travel expenses to the most favourable tariff and if necessary a health insurance. A lump sum will be refunded as a compensation of the arising cost of living (300,00 € for up to 60 days, more than 60 days: 500,00 € ).
The flight reservation is generally taken over by the STUBE-office.
We need the following supporting documents:
For the preparation of a student research project:
We need a certificate by the responsible lecturer to make sure that the student will be advised while doing his/ her professional assignment. The project ought to be approved of and supported by the tutor. The tutor should also support the application for BPSA. In addition, we need a proof that the applicant doesn’t get any other scholarship.
For a traineeship:
A certificate of the company that a traineeship is offered to the applicant. The period as well as the contents of the traineeship have to be indicated. In the case of a traineeship, which is not an optional part of the study course: the confirmation of the responsible office that the traineeship is approved of and will be accepted. In the case of a traineeship, which is an optional part of the study course: the recommendation of a lecturer that this traineeship is favoured and the request for BPSA supported. In addition, we need a proof that the applicant doesn’t get any other scholarship.
When full benefit has been received, we ask you to do the following:
Please submit an analysis report after having finished the BPSA. The analysis report must be conforming to the STUBE-central-questions (at the latest three months after the return.)
- Certificate of the realisation of the traineeship
- The willingness to a personal evaluation/conversation
- A copy of the student research project or the traineeship evaluation, respectively
- The willingness to report within the STUBE-activities about the experience you made
You can get application forms for vocational traineeship and study stays from the STUBE office. Please hand in the application for a vocational traineeship and study stays at least eight weeks before the intended travel date.
Once every semester term we offer an information day concerning the BPSA-program. There you will get detailed information about the whole application process. You will meet students who tell about their experience with the BSPA-program. A participation before application is strongly recommended. The dates will be announced in our office or on our homepage.